WHO WE ARE:
The New Mexico State Soccer Association (NMSSA) is affiliated with the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA), the United States Soccer Federation (USSF), and the Federation International de Football Association (FIFA). We are a New Mexico 501C4 non-profit organization.
WHO DO WE GOVERN:
The authority of NMSSA extends to the administration of adult soccer covering all counties in the state of New Mexico.
WHAT IS OUR PURPOSE
The purpose of NMSSA is to govern, coordinate, and administer the sport of adult soccer and shall develop policies and best practices to promote and foster the development of players, team representatives, coaches, teams, leagues, and tournaments within the adult soccer community.
NMSSA shall comply and carry out the requirements of affiliation with USASA, USSF, and FIFA rules, regulations, statues, decisions, directives, and policies.
WHAT DO WE DO
1. Resolve disputes among the leagues, teams, players, coaches, and team representatives within the jurisdiction of NMSSA. This is done through due process, providing an opportunity to be heard, and an appeal process.
2. Provide services equitably, regardless of competition, race, color, religious belief, sexual orientation, or national origin.
3. Offer membership to players, coaches, teams, and team representatives who participate in a competition recognized by USASA, USSF, and FIFA who are duly registered with NMSSA.
4. Offer state, national, and other various competitions or tournaments made available to all members registered with NMSSA.
5. Provide cost-reimbursement insurance for players who are registered with NMSSA.
6. Assign referees through the State Referee Committee (SRC) to NMSSA games, competitions, matches, and tournament play.